Germany Auto Desk
A passion for German performance
Germany plays an integral role in the automotive industry, and our team is passionate about helping auto companies from Germany and other European countries succeed in the U.S. market. The co-chair of our auto supplier group, Kai Bitter, is a German-speaking attorney who has advised companies in the auto industry both in the U.S. and Germany.
Our deep experience with Tier 1 and 2 suppliers and equity investors throughout Germany and other European countries helps us anticipate client needs and navigate the U.S. legal system in ways that mitigate potential issues. How deals are structured, how customer expectations differ, what to expect when facing litigation — there are many differences that go beyond language, and each could have a great business impact.
We have served as lead U.S. counsel for a range of German suppliers who manufacture automotive parts such as wires, sensors and safety technology, to entire paint shops, automation solutions, and much more.
Importing more than legal knowledge
In addition to advising automotive suppliers, our lead attorney works on bringing the German apprenticeship model for shop floor workers to mid-America so that our manufacturers can close the skills gap that is a major concern for many small and large manufacturers in this industry.
One point of contact, countless possibilities
Often acting as outside general counsel to German suppliers, our attorneys can provide a single point of contact for all auto-related legal business — all our clients have to do is pick up the phone. We can help with:
- Acquisitions, Mergers and Start-up activity
- Dispute Resolution
- Distressed Supplier Workouts
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade/Customs
- Labor and Employment
- Supply Chain Management
Recent representative matters:
- Assisted several German suppliers (or their U.S. subsidiaries) in their negotiations of supply relationships with OEMs of electric vehicles.
- Advised a German supplier of surface finishing technology systems on several large-scale OEM projects.
- Advised German-owned equipment maker on the formation of a U.S.-based joint venture focused on hot stamping.
- Advised German-owned supplier of automotive safety technologies on litigation with former distributor for the U.S. market.
- Advised German-owned tier 1 on purchase and development of site for new factory.
- Developed compliance program for German equipment maker for contracting with subcontractors and secondment of German employees for U.S. based projects.