Labor Relations and Workforce Management
Working hard to ensure our clients have strong working relationships
Our labor and employment team has walked the plant floors, worked extensively in the auto market and understands the unique challenges auto manufacturers and suppliers face every day — from unions and strikes to trade secrets and immigration issues.
We regularly represent and defend claims involving wrongful discharge, discrimination and harassment before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), state and local agencies and federal and state courts.
- handle collective bargaining, responses to grievances, labor arbitrations, and labor litigation before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), and state and federal court.
- draft and enforce employment agreements, confidentiality policies, joint-development agreements and restrictive covenants to protect trade secret and proprietary information, competitive advantage and employee talent.
- provide counseling and advice on wage and hour, hiring, discipline, termination, leave management, reasonable accommodation, social media, temporary workforce issues, safety, immigration, employee benefits, and remaining union-free.
- handle class and collective actions, including class actions brought by the EEOC.
- draft and advise on implementing affirmative-action plans.
- prepare and review employment manuals, personnel policies, contracts, and collective bargaining agreements.
- October 19, 2015
- May 15, 2015
- June 27, 2014
- Nashville Business Journal, April 2, 2014
- Frost Brown Todd: Legal Update, February 7, 2014