Areas of Focus
Northern Kentucky University, Salmon P. Chase College of Law, J.D., cum laude
University of Notre Dame, B.S., Chemical Engineering
- Ohio, 1994
Select Awards and Recognition
- Chambers USA® America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2011-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2013, 2014
Ann G. Schoen
Ann is chairperson of the intellectual property practice group and practices in the areas of patent, trademark, trade secret and copyright litigation, patent prosecution, intellectual property licensing, and intellectual property portfolio management. Prior to joining Frost Brown Todd, she worked as in-house patent counsel at General Electric. She has been recognized in Chambers USA® for patent law in 2011-2013, and in The Best Lawyers in America® for patent litigation in 2013-2014.
Intellectual Property Counseling and Portfolio Management
- Provides intellectual property counseling addressing, among other issues, licensing, freedom to practice concerns, and U.S. and international patent and trademark portfolio management.
- Developed and implemented a cost-effective corporate intellectual property protection plan, including patent and trademark filing, maintenance, and enforcement policies and procedures, and including on-going training programs for in-house technical and marketing personnel.
International Patent Protection
- In conjunction with European counsel, successfully defended Tier supplier’s European patent against opposition lodged by competitor.
Joint Development Agreements
- Negotiated joint development agreements between Tier suppliers.
Intellectual Property Litigation
- Represented tier suppliers in intellectual property litigation, particularly patent litigation, around the country. She is often able to achieve satisfactory negotiated resolutions before incurring the expense and risk of trial.
- Regularly represents clients in negotiations and litigation with various “patent trolls.”