Areas of Focus
Indiana University, Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Magna cum laude
Purdue University, B.S., Electrical Engineering, 2005
Select Awards and Recognition
- Indiana Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars, 2013-2017
Blake N. Shelby
Blake has a wide array of litigation experience, most of which is focused in the area of product liability litigation. Blake defends manufacturers against product defect claims alleging design, manufacturing and warning deficiencies. Blake works with vehicle manufacturers including Ford, Honda and Toyota, and his experience in representing these manufacturers provides him with a wealth of knowledge regarding the issues facing the automotive industry and the defense strategies necessary to combat product liability claims.
Products Liability Litigation
- Represents OEMs and tier suppliers in product liability litigation in federal and state courts involving claims governed by the Indiana Products Liability Act and express and implied warranties.
- Defends against claims for catastrophic personal injuries and significant property damage.
- Represents automotive clients in pre-suit investigations where the manufacturer is put on notice of a potential claim subject to a pending investigation of the accident/fire scene.
- Experienced in locating the appropriate expert consultants necessary to inspect the scene and defend the client’s interests against any claims that the property owner and/or its insurers may bring against the manufacturer.