Areas of Focus
The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1990
University of Michigan, B.A., 1987, with distinction
- Ohio, 1990
Select Awards and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2008-2014
- The Best Lawyers in America® Cincinnati Banking and Finance Law Lawyer of the Year, 2012
- Selected for inclusion in the Ohio Super Lawyers® 2009, 2011-2014
- AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
David focuses his practice on Commercial Transactions and Corporate/Business. David has extensive experience representing both lenders and borrowers on financing transactions, revolving credit and term loan facilities, secured and unsecured working capital lines, multi-bank syndicated loans, bond financings enhanced by letters of credit, loan assumptions, and real property loans. He regularly advises manufacturing companies, distributors and service providers on a wide range of commercial matters, including product sales and distribution, consignment arrangements, warranties and warranty claims, maintenance agreements and consulting agreements. In the corporate area, David has negotiated and documented numerous acquisition and divestiture transactions in the manufacturing industry.
- Assisted an OEM with analyzing warranty claims and other commercial law theories of recovery against its suppliers. The project involved reviewing contract terms and conditions, developing factual background from OEM personnel and others, and researching and applying case law precedents.
- Assisted an OEM with determining rights and obligations under “force majeure” theories after many of its supply relationships were disrupted by the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan in 2011. This project required a thorough understanding of the legal principles underlying force majeure issues and the ability to apply those principles in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Assisted a large Tier 1 automotive supplier with developing template contract documents for protecting its tooling assets in the possession of third parties. The project involved understanding the business relationship between the client and its suppliers, and advising the client with respect to insurance, indemnification, bailment, and Uniform Commercial Code issues.