Areas of Focus
University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1993
Northwestern University, Master of Management, 1990
University of Pennsylvania, B.S., 1986, magna cum laude Beta Alpha Psi
- Kentucky, 1993
Select Awards and Recognition
- AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2005-2016
Edward A. Receski
Ed has 20 years of legal experience in working with the automotive industry in real estate, mergers and acquisitions, and restructurings. In addition, Ed has worked with Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing North America, Inc. (TEMA) throughout this 20-year period. As a result of this long experience, Ed has a thorough understanding of the key business and legal issues involving TEMA and the automotive industry. Ed is the Member-in-Charge of the firm's Lexington office.
- Prepared numerous long-term leases for suppliers in TEMA’s supplier parks. These leases were drafted to protect TEMA’s landlord interest and to ensure operational efficiency.
- Represented TEMA with real estate issues in connection with an alternative energy project to bring to the Georgetown Plant electricity produced from energy provided by landfill gas. This representation has included (i) title reports for the various properties to be burdened by the electric line easement and (ii) preparation of the form easement documents and necessary subordinations for prior mortgages, liens and easements.
- Represented major motor vehicle and motorcycle manufacturers and suppliers in the acquisition and development of greenfield manufacturing sites. This representation included: negotiation and drafting of acquisition agreements, assistance with economic incentives, preparation of real property acquisition contracts, and negotiation and drafting of financing documents.
- Represented motor vehicle manufacturers and suppliers in restructurings of financially-troubled suppliers. In connection with these matters, Ed has been involved in the negotiation and drafting of supplier agreements and terms and conditions for the sale of parts, as well as financing documents.
- Advised purchasers in the acquisition of various automobile dealerships. In addition to representation in connection with the acquisitions, Ed assisted the purchasers with dealer franchise issues.