Areas of Focus
University of Kentucky College of Law, J.D., 1981,with distinction
- Order of the Coif
- Kentucky Law Journal, member of Staff, 1980-81
Indiana University, B.A., 1978
- Kentucky, 1981
Select Awards and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2006-2016
- Named one of the "Top 100 Labor Attorneys" in the U.S. by the Labor Relations Institute
John T. Lovett
John is passionate for workers in Mid-America to be competitive with any in the world. Automotive employers turn to John to help them achieve this goal. Avoiding unions, keeping difficult workplace issues from becoming litigation or undermining productivity, empowering management with the flexibility they need to succeed, even if they must work with unions, these are tasks that automotive component manufacturers from North America, Japan, France, Germany, Spain, and South Korea have entrusted to John.
Protection from Unions
- John has helped clients defeat over 60 union organizing campaigns, achieving an over 90% "win" rate. Through management training and counseling, John aids members of the automotive supply chain insulate their workforces from interest in unions so no union is able to mount an effective organizing campaign against them.
Managing Workplace Legal and HR Challenges
- John offers over 30 years of experience managing the legal and HR challenges created by the automotive demand cycle and "just in time" manufacturing. For example, during the recession John counseled new domestic suppliers through their first reduction-in-force. Now, John assists clients throughout the supply chain cope with excessive overtime, insufficient qualified technicians, and "Temp" worker challenges.
- Productivity drives value. John helps component suppliers navigate the legal hazards or collective bargaining barriers keeping a workforce from achieving its potential.