Kelly W. Schulz
Having spent almost eight years in-house at Toyota and continuing to serve as the co-relationship manager since joining FBT over five years ago, Kelly has knowledge about the automotive industry and its environment that is matched by no other attorney. This in-depth business knowledge allows Kelly to effectively and efficiently work with clients to understand the legal risks associated with each option, guiding the client to make informed and balanced decisions. Kelly has strong relationships throughout the automotive industry and is regarded as an “insider”. Kelly plays a key role on the Steering Committee for the firm’s Automotive Industry Team.
- Developed and negotiated research, development and design agreements between OEM and Supplier. Assisted with implementation of process for intellectual property agreements for OEM.
Terms and Conditions
- Led a team in developing strategy and implementation plan for rolling out revised terms and conditions, including drafting the terms and conditions and negotiating directly with suppliers.
Supply Chain Management
- Co-led a manufacturing team that was responsible for creating and implementing a proactive approach that enabled the client to monitor the financial stability of its supply base and manage distressed suppliers without interrupting production.
- Represented numerous manufacturing clients as lead counsel in handling various supply chain issues, including contract disputes, tooling disputes, directed supply, force majeure issues and warranty matters ranging in value from $5 million to $1 billion.
Distressed Supplier Activity
- Represented clients in restructuring activity for more than 20 suppliers, which included bankruptcy, distressed supplier workouts, wind-down and related sale activity.