Areas of Focus
Harvard Law School, J.D., 1995, cum laude
Northwestern University, B.A., 1992, with highest distinction
- Illinois, 1995
- Ohio, 2000
Select Awards and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America® "Lawyer of the Year," Litigation - Antitrust, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2013, 2014 (Litigation-Antitrust; Commercial Litigation)
- Cincy Leading Lawyers, Antitrust, 2006-Present
- AV® Pre-Eminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Corporate International Magazine, Ohio Antitrust Law Firm of the Year 2013-2014
Matthew C. Blickensderfer
Matt has worked extensively with OEMs for the past five years on a variety of dispute resolution and counseling issues, using his experience as a commercial litigator to help OEMs resolve issues without litigation. Matt has assisted OEMs with supplier disputes, especially warranty issues; antitrust counseling; breach of confidentiality and misappropriation of trade secrets by employees and contractors; and corporate investigations of suppliers. Matt has represented automotive suppliers (both Tier 1 and Tier 2) in a variety of matters, including antitrust litigation and breach of contract/UCC Article 2 disputes.
OEM Warranty Dispute
- Represented an OEM in a large warranty claim against a supplier, which culminated in a pre-litigation settlement through mediation. The representation involved the development of the claim, extensive factual investigation, extensive legal research, and detailed assessments of the strengths and weakness of the claim. The representation also involved interaction and coordination with multiple groups from the OEM, including legal, purchasing, engineering, warranty analysis, and finance.
Breach of Confidentiality/Trade Secret Matters
- Represented an OEM in multiple matters involving the breach of confidentiality agreements by employees and contractors, resolving all of them without litigation. The work included investigating the breach, retaining and supervising forensic experts to investigate and remedy the improper use of confidential information, and obtaining affidavits from the breaching parties.
- Represented an OEM in an investigation of the billing practices of a large vendor, which included working with a forensic audit team from Deloitte & Touche.