Areas of Focus
University of Kentucky College of Law, J.D., 1999
- Kentucky Law Journal; Associate Editor, 1997-1999
- University of Kentucky Moot Court, 1997-1998; Secretary/Treasurer, 1998-1999
University of Kentucky, B.A., 1996, cum laude
- Departmental honors
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Kentucky, 1999
- Ohio, 2001
- Tennessee, 2007
Select Awards and Recognition
- Selected for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers® 2012, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2013, 2014
Mekesha H. Montgomery
Mekesha has a broad range of experience working in the automotive industry on both labor and employment matters. She is a member of the Firm’s Automotive Industry Team and has represented OEMs and suppliers in areas as diverse as union negotiations and Title VII litigation. Mekesha is a manufacturing geek and enjoys applying her industry knowledge to help her clients achieve their legal and business goals.
- Represents employers exclusively in collective bargaining, labor arbitrations and the litigation of labor claims before the courts and the National Labor Relations Board.
- Mekesha’s greatest strength as an employment litigator is her efficiency and her ability to use surgical precision to identify the core issues in any case and use that knowledge to quickly and efficiently resolve the matter. She has experience in state and federal courts involving claims under Title VII, The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), The Americans with Disability Act ("ADA") and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and numerous other employment-related claims.
- Extensive experience in class and collective actions. She has stopped both class and collective actions at the certification stage and otherwise defeated wage and hour collective actions, class actions under the FMLA and Title VII and multiple EEOC-initiated litigations.