Areas of Focus
Indiana University School of Law, J.D., 1991, cum laude
University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1988
Select Awards and Recognition
- DRI 2012 Product Liability Conference Chair
- Chambers USA® America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2013–2015
- Defense Lawyer of the Year, Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana, 2010
- Selected for inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers® 2011-2015
- AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2010-2015
Nicholas C. Pappas
Nick has represented OEMs in product liability lawsuits for over 20 years. He was Chair of the 2012 DRI Product Liability Seminar. Nick currently serves as the Chair for the Products Liability Practice Group at Frost Brown Todd.
Turner v. Helming and TMS
- The Plaintiff in this lawsuit claimed that the co-defendant rear-ended her because the brakes on her Toyota Prius failed. Nick and his team aggressively defended the case and eventually prevailed on a motion for summary judgment.
Barnard v. Saturn
- Lead counsel for General Motors in Barnard v. Saturn, a wrongful death case wherein the Indiana Court of Appeals for the first time applied the Comparative Fault Act to an enhanced injury product liability claim.
Multiple State Experience
- Tried product liability cases to successful jury verdicts in Alabama, Indiana, Iowa, and Wisconsin, to name a few.