Areas of Focus
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1986
Ohio State Law Journal, Editor
The Ohio State University, B.A., Journalism and English, 1980
Robert L. Hust
As former General Counsel for Honda of America Mfg., Inc., Bob served not only as chief legal officer for Honda’s North American manufacturing operations but also as compliance officer and risk management leader. Bob also helped found and lead, for three years, the Midwest office of Honda’s intellectual property legal group. In more than 21 years as an industry insider, Bob developed a deep understanding of the myriad issues confronting automotive manufacturing, including labor and employment, risk management, corporate compliance, facility/site selection, records retention, electronic discovery and IP planning and protection. He has partnered with executive management for OEMs and suppliers to provide strategic, yet practical, legal and business advice on all aspects of the business. Bob continues his strong working relationships with executives, managers and lawyers for OEMs and suppliers throughout the industry in his role as a member of the Firm’s Automotive Industry Team.
- Served as lead counsel on site-selection and acquisition of major automotive assembly plant.
- Created and implemented company-wide risk management processes for OEMs.
- Led creation and development of OEM’s first affirmative action plan as part of a government contract.
- Created electronic-records retention system for major OEM.
- Significant experience with class-action and collective-action lawsuits.
- Significant experience advising on manufacturing workforce reassignment, transfer and reorganization.
- Significant experience advising on wage-and-hour classification.
- Handled numerous FMLA, ADA, FLSA, and NLRA legal and policy matters.