Areas of Focus
New York University, LL.M. (in Taxation), 1997
Washington & Lee University, J.D., 1995
Moot Court Board, Chairman
Baylor University, B.B.A., 1989
- Kentucky, 1995
- Tennessee, 2011
Select Awards and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2006-2018
- AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Mid-South Super Lawyers®, 2012-2017
- BTI Client Service All Star, 2014
- Nashville Post In-Charge Legal, 2013-2017
Robert V. Sartin
Robert is chairman of Frost Brown Todd LLC. Having worked in the automotive industry for much of his career, Robert is thoroughly familiar with the business and the climate in which it operates, including understanding not only operative legal issues, but also the business and technical issues that drive the automotive industry. Robert leverages this knowledge with his 19-plus years experience representing companies in a wide variety of business matters including strategic alliances, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate restructurings. Additionally, Robert has created and continues to maintain strong relationships with key players in the industry, including both legal and financial representatives of OEMs and suppliers. He leads the firm’s Automotive Industry Team of more than 30 attorneys who work extensively with automotive clients.
Supply Chain Management
- As the firm’s lead relationship manager for Toyota, Robert is Toyota’s counsel on supplier risk management matters and assists Toyota on a number of large corporate projects. Robert has also served as counsel to other OEMs and Tier suppliers.
Formation and Structuring
- Robert has extensive merger and acquisition experience including joint venture formation and dissolution in the automotive space.
Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Robert has represented customers and suppliers in most major bankruptcies including Collins & Aikman, Plastech, Fluid Routing Solutions, Chrysler, GM, Intermet, Revstone, Metavation and Exide.
Quoted in Southern Automotive Alliance, October 2016.