China Auto Desk
Comprehensive legal counsel for Chinese OEMs and suppliers
Whether Chinese or other Asian companies are looking to expand operations into the U.S., create R&D centers, acquire companies here, or recruit auto operations to China, our team can assist in all aspects of auto-related law.
We do more than speak the language
Our seasoned international attorneys have been doing business and traveling to China regularly for more than 20 years, and our lead attorney has worked as inside and outside counsel for a tech company in China. This deep understanding of the cultural and legal differences allows us to quickly anticipate needs and guide Chinese clients through the complex U.S. legal landscape. From the way deals are negotiated to vastly different labor laws, our team’s experience ensures nothing gets lost in translation.
Invested in growing the Chinese auto market
We have personally met with dozens of Chinese OEMs and suppliers, as well as the Chinese Association of Auto Manufacturers, to develop a keen understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities for Chinese auto manufacturers and suppliers.
We are committed to helping OEMs and suppliers in the auto industry, so we created AutoConnect to bring together potential buyers, sellers and other parties for this one-day annual networking event. We also have close relationships with our government relations subsidiary, CivicPoint, and can help negotiate incentives for companies looking for manufacturing sites in our eight-state footprint.
- Acquisitions, Mergers and Start-up activity
- Dispute Resolution
- Distressed Supplier Workouts
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade/Customs
- Labor and Employment
- Supply Chain Management
- Our attorneys negotiated the largest of the time U.S.-to-China technology outsourcing deal with a total contract value of $270 million.
- Our team negotiated a U.S., Swiss and China technology outsourcing deal, which won the Forbes Magazine / Everest Group Outsourcing Excellence Award for Europe.
- We represent a Chinese software development company in the negotiation of international licensing and distribution agreements related to connected car technology.