Lending and Commercial Services
Auto knowledge matters, especially in money matters
As automotive suppliers expand, explore new product lines and continually innovate, they must have access to capital to compete in today’s fast-changing marketplace. Our deep understanding of the automotive industry, coupled with extensive experience in handling financing transactions, means we are well-positioned to assist auto industry clients with their financing needs.
Automotive finance services
From just-in-time inventory to extended payment terms, commonplace practices in the auto industry can make it challenging for suppliers to obtain financing. We can assist companies with overcoming these challenges. We also guide borrowers through the procedures and due diligence unique to each transaction, leveraging our experience in the auto industry to identify the right options, mitigate risks, and successfully achieve our clients’ goals.
Acting as borrower’s counsel, we assist suppliers — including foreign entities looking to obtain U.S. financing — with:
- Asset-based finance - our team helps suppliers put their assets to work by obtaining credit based on the value of their inventory, equipment, receivables and other assets. We have extensive experience representing borrowers in structuring, negotiating and preparing the documentation needed for asset-based financing.
- Cash-flow lending/factoring - acting as borrower’s counsel, we help suppliers with “traditional” cash-flow loans, as well as receivables sale transactions and other factoring arrangements to bridge the gap created by many OEMs’ extended payment terms.
- Real estate financing - we often work with our experienced Environmental team to ensure any environmental concerns regarding real estate collateral are taken care of in order to obtain financing.
- Public finance - we are familiar with the many financing programs used by cities, counties and other public entities, and can quickly identify available financing options and incentives.
- represent banks and other lenders providing financing to automotive suppliers.
- assist automotive manufacturers and suppliers in making loans or extending credit to their own customers.
- serve as bond counsel in industrial revenue bond transactions (both tax-exempt and taxable bonds) for the benefit of automotive suppliers and other industry participants.
- represent automotive suppliers and private equity funds looking to issue or purchase stock.
- assist OEMs and suppliers with workouts and restructurings.
We assisted a lender in the restructuring of an existing syndication into a single lender loan transaction, saving the borrower group of three entities and their subsidiaries that supported the auto industry well over $100,000 in fees, while simplifying the borrower structure.